Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Personal Experience (Navel Piercing)

The summer between my seventh and eighth grade year i got a navel piercing. No one my age had one so I thought I might start a trend. I somehow convinced my mom to take me to the mall to get it done. At the very top of the escalators was a small shop designed to look a lot like "Claire's," with a sign that read "Navel Piercings." Little to my knowledge the girl that administered the piercing was new, and to be honest I think this was her first piercing after what happened next. She asked me to wait a few minutes while she went into the back to get everything ready. When she finally came out she was wearing gloves and holding an ear gun. Then in front of everyone walking by in the mall she had me pull my shirt up and lean back against the glass display box. She then said that i was a little skinny, that if i had a little more fat it would be easier. At this point I was getting nervous. The girl cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol and prepped the ear gun with an earring. She held the gun to my stomach and pulled out a bit of skin and placed it in the gun. She then stated that it would hurt slightly and then before i knew it she pulled the trigger and it was done. I was told to keep rotating the very tiny earring that was now squeezing my skin so tightly that I could barely stand up straight. I had to come back ten days later to get my barbell (an actual ring made for the navel). When I returned the manager was there and was furious about the procedure, she gave me my money back apologized and i later found out the girl was fired. All I have to say is that you better research your store before you go, a "Claire's" isn't going to cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment